Description: A Water Trough is a block that can hold water for Horses to drink.
Water Troughs come in 1 (silver/gray) color.
4 Water Troughs are crafted with 5 Dried Kelp and 1 Cauldron.
Right-click a block with a water trough in hand to place it on the ground. When a water trough is placed adjacent to another trough it will become a larger trough; connecting on the attached sides. Up to 4 troughs can be connected, allowing up to 16 buckets worth of water - perfect for large multi-horse pastures.
Water troughs will only join other troughs facing the same direction, directly next to them (similar to Separators). Face a single direction, placing each trough next to the other while moving sideways rather than turning. Troughs cannot be joined at intersections to make L/U shaped or circular troughs.
Filling & Use
Water troughs can hold four buckets of water per individual troughs. When filled the water level will gradually rise until it is near the brim, at which point the trough contains the maximum amount of water.
- Right-click a water trough with a water bucket to add it to the trough
- Right-click a spigot placed above a water trough
- Rain will slowly fill an uncovered trough over time
Horses will drink from accessible half barrels and troughs when thirsty. They consume 1 bucket per use but may take multiple drinks in a short space of time. As they drink, the water levels will visibly decrease to reflect the current volume.
Water troughs' hitboxes are over 1 block to prevent them being climbed up on, but nearby shavings may make it possible for horses to get on top of one. For that reason, they should be considered for escape points in stalls.
One, Two, Three, and Four wide troughs.
If you find an issue, please report it to our bugs channel on Discord. We ask that you look to see if your issue was reported first!
- [-] Troughs have a texture issue on multiblock troughs where you can see through to the ground below on join points.
- [-] It is recommended that you remove multiblock items such as troughs prior to doing world edit +/- schematics. While troughs have not presented any issues, unlike doors/gates/jumps, they do not always paste correctly on rotation.
- [-] When reducing the size of connected water troughs, water level may not correctly update in 1B variant (lose water)
- [~] When there is a block or spigot above the half-barrel, it occasionally does not show the water level. It is still functional, and removing any blocks above usually corrects the render issue.
This is not a complete list of version changes / fixes. It is a changelog of relevant wiki-related version information.
||Troughs gradually fill up when raining.|
|[Bug Fix] Water level correctly updates on expanding troughs with water in.